Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How long does the requisition process take?

A: It takes seven to ten business days, but we recommend you turn it in two to three weeks before you need the cheque. The form needs to be turned in to the AS Administrative Office (located upstairs above AS Main).

Q: Where do I pick up our cheque?

A: Reimbursements cheques are picked up in the AS ticket office directly across Corwin Pavilion. Cash advances are picked up at AS Administrative Office.

Q: What is the difference between a reimbursement cheque and a cash advance?

A: Reimbursement cheques are what you would receive after turning in a requisition form with required receipts, after the money requested has already been spent. Cash advances are what you would receive after turning in a requisition form before the money requested has been spent. You will receive the money beforehand, but receipts of what the money is used on is still required.

Q: How do we find alternative sources of funding?

A: Contact the chairs of various BCUs and send them your budget. They will then inform you of the next steps.

Q: Do you fund single use water bottles?

A: No.

Q: How much money can we request for food?

A: RCOs are limited to $1,000 per academic year. Each group is given a one-time exception to this rule that can be used once a year with it being up to the discretion of the Finance and Business Committee.

Q: Can you fund decorations?

A: No. However, in special circumstances the board may grant an exception to this.

Q: How do I know if my funding request has been approved?

A: You can check on the AS Finance and Business minutes under the transparency tab of the website. Or email the Chair.

Q: What if my event is not in UCSB/Isla Vista?

A: It will not be funded unless it is a conference or a one time exception for travel is used. Travel expenses cannot be for social or personal purposes. 

Q: Can we pay speakers and contracted performers before an event?

A: No. If they are requiring the money be paid beforehand ask the Finance and Business board as soon as possible.

Q: What happens if we do not use all of the money we were allocated?

A: Contact the Finance and Business board and inform them as soon as possible.

Q: Can we request funds for an event that happened in the past?

A: No. We do not retroactively fund events. Funding requests must be made in advance.

Q: When should we do our presentation for the Finance and Business board?

A: As soon as possible. 

Q: Where is AS Main and the AS Administrative Office?

A: Both can be found in the same building as the Multicultural Center. AS Main is downstairs under the stairs while the AS Administrative Office is upstairs.

Q: Can you fund awards or scholarships?

A: No.

Q: How many members of my organization must attend the authorized signer workshop?

A: At least three.

Q: How many authorized signers do I need?

A: Two signers are required.

Q: Can I sign off on my own requisition form?

A: No as that is a conflict of interest.