Charge of the Committee
AS Finance and Business is an Administrative Committee under the Office of the Internal Vice President. ASFB serves the UC Santa Barbara student body by facilitating the financial allocation of student fees. By streamlining the budgetary process to outreaching to student organizations, the committee seeks to make funds easier to access. We make it possible to host programs, events, and other student expenditures and we are constantly looking for ways to improve and grow.
What We Do!
Each quarter, every UCSB undergraduate pays a fee of around $210 to the Associated Students. This fee supports a wide variety of operations of Associated Students that benefit the students of UCSB, the campus, and the surrounding community. The charge of the AS Finance and Business Committee is to help registered student organizations put on successful events, provide necessary student services, hold conferences, and fund championship aspiring teams through the procurement of funds.
Estimate income and expenditures for the year
Provide funds to entities and organizations
Host authorized signer workshops
( Powerpoint Link )
An abbreviated version of the complete AS Financial Policies and Procedures
For processing Reimbursements and Purchase Orders
COME JOIN US!
The F&B Committee meets every Monday at 4 PM PST (except holidays & Week 10) in the UCEN State Street Room to hear funding requests submitted in Fluxx by Sunday, 4pm.
- Register on Fluxx, our funding request platform, create your profile, and request to be connected to your organization here: https://asucsb.fluxx.io/.
- $250 Startup Applications and the F&B Funding Applications are both on Fluxx.
- Fill out all applicable and required fields in the Finance and Business funding request application.
- Submit your funding request before Sunday at 4pm if you want to be on the agenda for the next F&B meeting.
- After submitting your request, send an informed representative to our meeting to present your funding request (not for $250 startups).
- If your group submitted a request by the deadline, you will present during our next meeting. No shows will result in the tabling of the funding request.
- We do not meet during Week 10 or any Monday holidays.
- You may be asked questions after presenting, so be prepared and well informed of your event and budget.
For instructions on how to complete your registration, download our guide below!