Finance and Business Committee 2020-2021
Welcome! AS Finance and Business is an Administrative Committee under the Office of the Internal Vice President. ASFB serves the UC Santa Barbara student body by facilitating the financial allocation of student fees. By streamlining the budgetary process to outreaching to student organizations, the committee seeks to make funds easier to access. We make it possible to host programs, events, and other student expenditures and we are constantly looking for ways to improve and grow. If you have any questions, concerns, or ideas about funding or about our committee, please visit our office hours or email email@example.com.
Each quarter, every UCSB undergraduate pays a fee of around $210 to the Associated Students. This fee supports a wide variety of operations of Associated Students that benefit the students of UCSB, the campus, and the surrounding community. The charge of the AS Finance and Business Committee is to help registered student organizations put on successful events, provide necessary student services, hold conferences, and fund championship aspiring teams through the procurement of funds.
The AS Finance and Business Committee is composed of one Chair, one Vice-Chair, the Chief Financial Officer, Finance Officers, and Senators. The student leaders who sit on the Finance and Business Committee are tasked with the careful deliberation and the decision of the approval of funding for student groups.
In order to submit a funding request, you must hold a position in your organization.
Please note the following:
- Register on Fluxx, our new funding request platform, create your profile, and request to be connected to your organization. (A link for Fluxx and further instructions will be posted soon)
- Fill out all applicable and required fields in the Finance and Business funding request application on Fluxx.
- Submit your funding request before Sunday at 4pm if you want to be on the agenda for the next F&B meeting.
- After submitting your request, send an informed representative to our meeting to present your funding request.
- Confirmation emails are not guaranteed, so as long as your group submitted a request by the deadline, you will present during our next meeting.
- We do not meet during Week 10 or any Monday holidays.
- You may be asked questions after presenting, so be prepared and well informed of your event and budget.
Please note that in order to be eligible to receive A.S. Funding, groups must
- attend an F&B Authorized Signers Workshop
- complete an Authorized Signers Form
- submit a budget proposal
- attend an F&B Meeting (which are held every Monday at 4PM).
Here is the recurring F&B meeting link: https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/88672952505
You can schedule an Authorized Signers Workshop with a Finance Officer or Senator during their office hours or via email.
Groups must adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the following guide. Additionally, groups must include the ASFB Logo in promotional material in order to complete their Funding Request. Reimbursements and Purchase Orders can be processed by filling out an online Requisition Form.
This Funding Guide is an abbreviated version of the complete AS Financial Policies and Procedures. Please refer to the complete document for complete details and regulations. Failure to adhere to policy might result in loss of eligibility or an incomplete Requisition Form.
Good luck and we hope that your organization finds this guide helpful in making your event a success. Please contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.
Manny Roman, Chair 2020-2021